Thursday, May 6, 2010

Boss...

Dulu-dulu Mumsie pernah jadi Boss. Would like to think that I was quite good at it. hehe...Am generally nice but selalu jugak marah-marah, tinggi-tinggi kan suara...but i would like to think that I do what needs to be done under the circumstances. I doubt orang yang I marah tu share this view lah kan...

Then I came to this current workplace about 7 years ago...although on promotion, at that time I was no longer a Boss. Aisehh...tension giler bila kena marah. Tapi i paling tak tahan bila kena sindir!! Masa tu lah I promised myself that if ever I become a Boss again, I would be a much better one than those i was (and some I still am) serving.

As of 1st April baru ni, I was made a Boss to a small bunch of people. The thing is, am discovering that it is VERY difficult to be a nice Boss. I find myself editing my emails allll the time to make sure that my irritations are not made obvious. Baru sebulan jadi Boss, dah sekali dua jugak I tinggikan suara...once I've even slammed down the phone on someone! sigghhhh...I didn't enjoy it. But my patience fell off its boundary at the time. Tapi tak per...so far I would like to think that things are under control. Best of all...at least, insyaALLAH, i will not be a B#**h of a Boss..like some people I know (sadly, the people I'm still answerable to!!).

So, how? How can I be a nice BUT effective Boss?

p.s. would like to welcome back Zue to work next week...be nice, Zue!! hehe...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the new layout Muzal!

Jah

mumsie said...

Thanks Jah! My daughter yang buatkan. Paid her RM5 for it!! hahaha

Anonymous said...

I quit my job 8 years ago sebelum sempat merasa jadik boss... so I've only had the experience of being a kuli hehehe... Had the experience of being scolded and even reprimanded by my superior. Women bosses are always known to be picky, eg the habit of over-editing subordinates' paperwork. My former boss was so picky, she insisted that there must be 2 spaces after every period/fullstop. And she would rearrange the paragraphs according to her whims and fancies. Kalau expert pakai Word takpe jugak, ni tak, orang lain kena buatkan. I just think that all those attention to details were unnecessary. But what to do... she was the boss... I just had to steel myself and bear with it.