Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Beautiful Prague - Part II of this time last year...

After Bratislava and Budapest, we went off to the Czech Republic and stayed in Prague for 2 nites. And I fell in love with Prague...dark, beautiful and romatic Prague...the "europe" that I have always imagined...

First, all the cities we visited had their own squares but in Prague it was different...you stand in the middle and you get different views any which way you turn..same with feelings..you'd feel different with each turn you make..hmmm..susah nak describe..i suppose its a you-have-to-be-there-to-know-what-I'm-talking-about kinda thing...here..let the pictures try to convey what I mean...








You see what I mean? You see? There's modern and gothic kinda views, kan? kan? All from the same square! Oohhh..I love Prague! itu baru the square!

Anyways, the day we spent in Prague, we hired a walking tourist guide called Edith. She tried to educate us on the histories as she walked us around but...we hardly paid attention, least of all the girls!! They were only interested in the ice creams (damn cheap - 50 sentims each!) and mummy only wanted to capture as much of prague as possible in her pathetic but very berjasa camera!! With the ice creams and a stopover for a little picnic with McFish burgers and fries, the girls were relatively happy. They kept reenacting scenes from Man Choy movies they've been watching with little (at that time when she was still little..) Soraya as the main character.


FYI, Man Choy is cerita hantu cina..you know, the kind that hopped around after you unless you paste some kind of paper on their forehead!! yeah..whatever!

Oh..don't get me started on the bohemian crystals and chandeliers! Mesmerising, is the word that comes to mind...cantik nyaaaaaa....speaking of which, I actually skipped a place. The day after we first arrived, we went to the famous Karlovy Vary. By famous, I mean all Malaysian women in this part of the world recommends a visit to this little town! Di sinilah you can find authentic and affordable Czech crystals and porcelains - dining wares, tea sets, chandeliers of all shapes and sizes! Needless to say, me went slightly crazy - slightly being an understatement, of course..hehe. Here's Abah outside one of the shops. It doesn't really reflect my excitement but this is the only pix I have. My bad!


Aahhh..I've never enjoyed window shopping as much as I did that day. Everything was beautiful...didn't buy much mainly coz cash was running low already by that time (tapi sempat jugaklah pinjam duit Teeny to buy my dinner set yang tak complete tu!) and also because cannot imagine how such beautiful things would fit in my house but I am secretly harbouring hope to go back and buy a couple of chandeliers...and a complete dinner set...sigggghhhhh....tak dapat villeroy and boch, dapat czech's porcelain pon jadiklaaaaa...here's us after incurring the damages! hehe...



OK...back to prague and i leave this posting with this image...




romantic, kan?

No comments: